Australian National Hang Gliding Championships 2015
8 days of flying plus 1 practice day
Four classes: Open, Women's, (Forbes) A-Grade* and Sports**
*Pilots that have never placed in the top 100 on the FAI WPRS ranking.
*The Women's and A-Grade will fly, and be scored in the Open Class as-well.
**Sports class will have a shorter task set each day.
Trophies: for all 4 classes plus the Forbes Council encouragement award and medals for the Australian National Champions
When: Thursday 1st January 2015 - Thursday the 8th January 2015
Where: Forbes Airport
What you need:
- Hang Glider (well maintained!)
- Harness (well maintained)
- GPS or GPS/vario
- Tow release and bridle
- Recently repacked parachute
- Current HGFA membership
- VHF Rating and equipment (more info)
- Aerotow Rating
(get in early and pay less).
$300 if paid before 7th November
$350 if paid before 7th December
$400 if paid after 7th December
$450 if paid after 1st January
+ $350 tow fee (inc. site fee)
Includes: Unlimited tows, awesome flying and fun and the welcome and presentation BBQ meal.
Aerotow: Organised by Bill Moyes himself.
Retrieve: You need to arrange your own retrieval team, we can help with match making just contact us.
Headquarters: Forbes Sports & Recreation Club.
Address: Lachlan St, Forbes NSW 2871.
Local Rules: competitionbookletforbesflatlands2015v3.pdf
- Registration at HQ from 9.00am - 12.00pm & 4.00pm - 8.00pm - Wednesday 31st December 2014
(You must register before you practice fly)
- Welcome Briefing at HQ at 8.30pm Wednesday 31st December (Yes it's New Year's Eve)!
- Practice Day: Wednesday 31st December 2014 - 12:00pm - 3:30pm (You must register before you practice fly)
- 1st Competition Day: Thursday 1st January 2015
- Last Competition Day: Thursday 8th January 2015
- Presentation: Thursday 8th January 2015