Forbes Flatlands Hang Gliding Championship 2017
When: Practice Towing Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th December,2016
8 Competition Days Friday 30th December 2016 - Friday 6th January 2017
Where: Forbes Airport
FAI: Category 2 for Open, Women’s, Sport’s Classes
Open Class AAA
Sport Class AA
Forbes: A Grade (Not Sanctioned)
*Pilots that have never placed in the top 100 on the FAI WPRS ranking.
*The Women's and A-Grade will fly, and be scored in the Open Class as-well.
**Sports class will have their own task set each day.
Pilot List: click here
What you need:
- Hang Glider (well maintained!)
- Harness (well maintained)
- GPS or GPS/vario
- Tow release and bridle
- Recently repacked parachute
- Current HGFA membership
- VHF Rating and equipment (more info)
- Aerotow Rating
Entry Fee $350 which includes Entry Fee, Welcome dinner, Presentation dinner, Trophies and Forbes T-shirt.
(get in early and pay less).
$300 if paid before 7th November
$350 if paid before 7th December
$400 if paid after 7th December
$450 if paid on 31st December
Aerotow Fee $400 tow fee which includes unlimited tow fees, club and site fees for 10 days.
Aerotow: Organised by Bill Moyes himself.
Retrieve: You need to arrange your own retrieval team, we can help with match making just contact us.
Headquarters: Platypi Park, Gordon Duff Drive, Forbes NSW 2871
Local Rules: CompetitionBookletForbesFlatlands2017.pdf
Waypoints: forbes_waypoints_2017.wpt (Right click and 'Save Target As'. File saved in geo format).
- Registration at HQ from 10.00am - 12.00pm & 4.00pm - 6.00pm - 29th December 2016
- Welcome Dinner at HQ Thursday evening 29th December Time to be confirmed
- Practice Day: Wednesday 28th & Thursday 29th December,2016
- 1st Competition Day: Friday 30th December 2017
- Last Competition Day: Friday 6th January 2017
- Presentation: Friday 6th January 2017